Saturday, September 22, 2007

A murderous year in lake Woebegone

My adminitards are in fine form this month. Already I have heard of several disasters. Complaints and reports turned in that are ignored when the bylaws require they be addressed promptly. Ah, my minions of Mrak are in fine form, screwing up and tromping arrogantly over all.

And it's all paperwork. That's what it comes down to. Just paper. A bunch of ninnies arrive, some of them criminally insane, and we sooner or later give them graduation papers. A few of the insane ones make it through without murdering anyone outright. Some of those are insane enough to want to "go further" which will put them into the hands of my profitards. My profitards are driven completely mad by my minions, and ...

That's how it goes, 'cuz part of me knows what you're thinkin'!

So the circle is made. The latest wonder of the world is this business by Stanford where they killed a woman, Jolee Mohr was her name. They killed her with a gene therapy that suppresses TNF-alpha. Hey, I saw it on The Scientist blog where some guy looked it up in "Janeway", (I did get something out of my education - I read science magazines!) Right there on page 485, it says you do that, and if you do it enough, the little mouskers will die. Of course, that's pedestrian merely a "too bad, so sad" moment. What really makes me sit up is how they subverted the investigation process! They subverted it and got the thing declared unrelated to their treatment!

So now that profitard of theirs gets to go kill again! Yes! We love murder in academia. Well, maybe we don't love it exactly, but we won't let a little thing like killing the patient interfere with BRINGING IN THE $$$$$$$$$ if we can help it.

I must unmotivate my minions even more than I have! I must then press them to torture my profitards endlessly, until UC Davis can beat Stanford! Because, if we don't those guys will zip on past us, and we won't have more money than they do!

Kill, my profitards! Kill! Kill! Kill!

But of course, WHAT do the Regent-retards spend their time on? The Regent-retards spend their time mulling over malarkey. Yes, that's what I call it. The real issues, according to them, are whether I should be allowed to receive money from tobacco companies! What IS wrong with those people! Of course we will take money from tobacco companies! If we would aspire to commit murder of trusting clinical subjects the way Stanford has pioneered, only a goddam fool would think we wouldn't take tobacco money. I see that they saw fit to put more "oversight" in place though. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Of course, in this case it's panty-waist bullshit. Nobody really cares about this except some rabid, foaming at the mouth anti-smokers. It's quite pathetic how much energy we are putting into this when all fair UC is doing is taking money from companies that cut health care total costs by killing people quickly. I mean, seriously. I rarely get the chance to actually say something intelligent and use my edumacation, but really, if they don't give their millions to UC, they'll just use it on advertising their coffin nails. Sadly, pathetically, that is what your UCD has fallen to. We pick up mere scraps and by doing so cut advertising budgets for tobacco by such a small amount it's barely measurable.

So, sadly, UC is in the right here. We should take that money because it combats smoking in a tiny way. We lag Stanford by such a huge margin it is beyond belief. We are helping save lives in tiny ways. Stanford is snuffing them out! And getting huge money for it! The shame of it all!

No comments: